Sniffing around....



And so we begin...


It all started a few days ago.. somehow
(I cant exactly recall at the moment*..lol)

I stumbled upon a blog of the Mens Dress Shirt Dress..
and well, the following words followed

"I can do that"

So I did...

The family was away for the July holiday
and it being the weekend I was working.
See unlike the rest of the world
I work the weekend and have the rest of the week off...


**I recalled the stumbling process...
The past few weeks I took 2 things I knew and created a purpose..
The world is on the new "go green" kick and
the spousal unit had a plethora of tee shirts..

SO I took said shirts and created pajama shorts for "the boy"..
See it was our way of going green.. it was a win win..

Anyways back to the stumbling...

I took the new creation of pajama shorts/capris and
being the fair mother I am..

created the tee shirt night gown for "the girl"...
The stumbling started when I decided
the night gown needed peasant style sleeves...

So see in my hunt for the perfect tutorial for said sleeves
I found this lovely
blog...


now, where was I...

I had 2 family-free days and figured I might as well sew..
Afterwork, bright and early, I happily drove to the Goodwill
to locate my next project.
The mission was to find the perfect sample mens dress shirt..
2 stores, 2 hours & the purchase of 6 paperbacks later...
I found it..


*please excuse the cell phone pics.. NEXT time I will use a real camera... lol

I actually found 2 shirts..
the 2nd one is a ..
surprise..
its working 2 different tutes into 1 project
and well....
I'll share more after I get all the bugs worked out.. lol

While spending the next 4 days reading
and admiring many many sewing blogs...
I decided...
hey why not make my own
and leave my blog stamp on the world...
Should be fun.

I'm sure I'll also blog about my inspirations as well..

"The boy", "The girl",
and of course our crazy dogs...

Let the adventures begin..

Thanks..

till next time

0 comments:



Post a Comment